How to Root Asus TF300T
Asus TF300T and VRoot are the smartphone and the rooting tool which are the stars of today’s tutorial. The reason we selected the VRoot is that it is one of the rooting managers which delivers everything it promises. So you will never feel like it doesn’t rise up to expectations, because it does and then some.
The VRoot comes from a developer in China. What sets it apart from all of the other rooting tools created thus far is a myriad of qualities. The most important ones are as follows:
- your phone will get to use apps that are only available for a rooted device;
- there will be new features to look forward to;
- the phone is going to have a battery that will last more compared to the current possibility;
- your handset is going to display better performance;
- you will get access to tweaks with which you will be able to change what you don’t like about your TF300T;
- and more.
The VRoot is the kind of root manager which works on various Android versions (starting from the 4.0 and continuing on to the 4.3 variant). And you can even install the tool if you are not a pro at such procedures.
From personal experience, we can say that the VRoot is not capable of flashing SuperSU (or superuser) on the Asus TF300T. Don’t worry, though. Our guide features the method to get the SuperSU. You will find it at the end of this post.
But let’s return to the VRoot now. We recommend you to look at some pre-requisites before we tell you how to root your smartphone.
Here you go: look for your PC and don’t leave it out of your sight, save the data that’s on your phone in the form of one or several backups and turn on USB Debugging. If your Asus TF300T does not sport TWRP or CWM, it’s totally fine; there is absolutely no need for a custom recovery.
You will now have to start searching for VRoot_220.127.116.1190. This is the complete name of the rooting manager we are using for our guide. Once you find the tool online, you need to look at these guidelines:
- save the file on your computer after you’ve downloaded it there;
- install the VRoot_18.104.22.16890 on the TF300T;
- open this file;
- find out how to root your smartphone.
How to flash vRoot tool on your PC
Here is what you need to know before you achieve a rooted phone: install the VRoot (file name: VRoot_22.214.171.12490.exe) on the comp you use, install the same on the Asus TF300T, launch the tool afterwards and make sure you root the phone at the end. Then simply learn how to flash the VRoot tool like this:
- download from here and initiate the execution of the VRoot_126.96.36.19990.exe installation kit;
- tap the options which says “Next”;
- do it again;
- then be sure to click on the option which reads “Don’t create a Start Menu folder”;
- click on “Next” once again;
- you will see “Create a desktop icon”, so click on it;
- click on “Next” again;
- wait for a “Completing the ROOT” window to pop up;
- uncheck a box that reads “Launch ROOT” should you not want to open the rooting tool after tapping “Finish”.
To root the TF300T, there are some steps you must absolutely stick by. One by one, they will get you closer to a rooted smartphone in no time at all!
How to root your phone
And so, we give you the following guidelines:
- Grab a hold of the VRoot tool and open it on your PC.
- A message should make its way on the display, so when it does, connect the phone to the PC
- The handset should be detected soon and an image will soon pop up and it will have the name of your handset on it
- A button colored in green with “Root” all over it will appear, click on it.
- After you tap on that button, the phone will enter the well-deserved rooting phase.Coming back to the rooting process: while the latter is taking place, you need to leave the phone connected to your personal computer. If you don’t do that, the procedure will not end well.
- The actual rooting is going to take approximately 2 minutes of your time. Once this amount of time is done, the TF300T is going to finally be a rooted smartphone.
- You should see the touchscreen of your device harbor a message; when you spot it, the handset shall soon restart, so have patience until that happens and, as soon as the rebooting is finished, it’s time to do this: unplug the devices from each other and test your newly rooted handset!
A quick info before we forget: in case the phone is not detected after you plug it to the computer, you need to do this: find USB drivers which are supported by your Asus TF300T and install them on your comp afterwards.
Optional: How to install a new SuperUser
But, if you want to have that SuperSU app on your handset, now’s the time to find out how to do it as well as how to get rid of the Chinese 1.0.4 root manager at the same time:
- find the SuperSU on Google Play store;
- then download it on your TF300T;
- save it on your smartphone next;
- open this application and soon you will be asked to give permission;
- when you do, opt for the button from the display’s right side (this option translates as “Allow”);
- you will be asked to install SU Binary, so click on “OK”;
- after this freeze the Chinese 1.0.4 SuperUser in titanium backup;
- continue by running the SuperSU.
Your Asus TF300T is now free to also enjoy the SuperSU app. Have fun!