How to Root Samsung E220S
Samsung E220S is one step closer to achieving that rooted stage you’ve always dreamed of. And what you will use to bring your phone to that great stage is VRoot, a superb Chinese root manager.
The person that first thought of this root manager poured all of his knowledge into it. Why? To give gadget lovers the opportunity to enjoy their device in a new state. One which implies access to root-only apps, fresh features to use, tweaks for customization purposes and a longer battery life.
Another great thing about the VRoot is that it grants your E220S a much improved performance in your day-to-day life. Let’s not forget this: apart from being such a dependable tool, this creation does another cool thing. Which is this: it doesn’t mind whether your gadget’s OS is Android 4.0 or another version. The VR00t is friendly with any version that ranges from the Android 4.0 to the Android 4.3.
Something that this rooting manager is not able to do, though: it can’t get you superuser, SuperSU or anything of the kind. But fear not: at the end of our tutorial you will discover the steps which will flash the SuperSU on your phone!
Getting the VRoot on your Samsung E220S is an easy feat if you know what you’re doing. And you will. The pre-requisites that you should follow are these:
- make a backup (or several)
- use a personal comp
- don’t flash a custom recovery on your phone
- turn USB Debugging on
To begin the flashing of the VRoot, you must first look for the exact file that is needed for a successful rooting. And that file is called VRoot_22.214.171.12490. It’s not that hard to locate it: just do a quick search online and that’s that. Once you find this particular file, do as follows:
- download the said file on your PC
- flash it after it’s saved on the latter
- make sure you then open it
- find out how to root your phone with it.
How to flash vRoot tool on your PC
To actually properly install the VRoot on your Samsung E220S, you need to do as shown below:
- go to where you saved the VRoot_126.96.36.19990
- open the same
- wait for a window to appear and tap “Next”
- make sure you tap the same option again after you’re done with the previous action
- when you spot “Don’t create a Start Menu folder”, click on it
- click on “Next” and then click on “Create a desktop icon”
- tap “Next” and see if there’s a “Completing the ROOT” on the screen
- if it is, you have to uncheck the option called “Launch ROOT” (that is, if you absolutely don’t desire to open the rooting file once you’ve clicked on “Finish” in the same window).
For the rooting process, we ask you the following:
- refrain yourself from installing ClockworkMod or TeamWin Recovery Project on the phone;
- turn USB Debugging on;
- always have your personal computer close by;
- be sure to save the data that’s on your phone and do so via one or two backups (or as many as you think are needed).
Now that you know what the first couple of things to do are, we should inform you of the following: since SuperSU will not be part of your phone, we will describe the steps needed for its flashing on your device. That will happen at the end of the rooting phase.
How to root your device
After the steps we just mentioned are taken into account, we will finally line up all the steps that will root your Samsung E220S. Without further delay, here you go:
- Open the rooting file and have patience till you are welcomed by a message. After you see this message, we ask that you connect your phone to your computer;
- For the next couple of seconds, a detection will take place and at the end of this, the E220S will have been found;
- Time for an image to come on the display (make sure this pic has your gadget’s name in it);
- A key colored in green will appear very soon;
- When it does, click on it (it should contain “Root”) and wait until the rooting begins.
- In case the phone does not get recognized, we advise you to do this: install, on your computer, USB drivers that work best with your phone. The rooting of your device will not take too long; while the process is still under way, we recommend you to keep your devices plugged to one another for the next 2 minutes.
- As soon as a message is revealed on your phone’s display, you can disconnect your E220S from your PC after the phone reboots. That’s all: your gadget is rooted!
Optional: How to flash a SuperUser
How about we tell you how to install the SuperSU and get the Chinese 1.0.4 root manager out of the way? The method is very easy.
- First we advise you to visit Play Store. Get, from there, the SuperSU app and then download it on your E220S.
- Launch the app and choose this option after you are asked for permission: the right key is an option which means “Allow” and it’s situated on the right side of the display.
- Now make sure you flash SU Binary by clicking on OK. The Chinese 1.0.4 tool manager should be frozen in titanium backup and then remember to do this: run the SuperSU once again.
The Samsung E220S is now a rooted phone. All thanks to the wonderful VRoot!